To provide an equal admission opportunity for students with disabilities, the Joint Admission Examination for Macao Four Higher Education Institutions (Subjects: Languages and Mathematics) (called the JAE hereinafter) has provided special examination arrangements for them.
Special Examination Arrangements
Students with disabilities will be offered the following special examination arrangements according to the specific individual’s situation:
- Modification of examination time
- Extra time allowance in examination.
- Arrangement of examination room
- Priority to enter the examination room;
- Provision of a separate examination room;
- Provision of examination room and seat which facilitate entrance or exit.
- Auxiliary equipment
- Candidates can bring and use their own auxiliary aids such as hearing aids, magnifier, Braille machine or Braille computer, etc. The auxiliary aids must be approved by the JAE Coordination Committee before use.
- Candidates can use the computers provided by the institution for answering the questions.
- Arrangement of examination questions and answers
- Provision of examination papers with enlarged font size;
- Candidates can use computer input method or their own Braille machine or Braille computer to answer the questions.
Application Method and Period
- Students with disabilities are required to submit the following documents for the application of special examination arrangements:
- A completed “Application Form of Special Examination Arrangements for Students with Disabilities” of the JAE;
- An assessment report and other relevant diagnosis documents / proof issued by a registered medical practitioner in Macao, such as the “Disability Assessment Registration Card” issued by the Social Welfare Bureau of Macao SAR;
- Candidates who have previously been provided with special examination arrangements in schools should submit relevant proof issued by the school or specification of the arrangement.
- The above mentioned documents must be submitted to the Macao Institute for Tourism Studies (Macao Campus or Taipa Campus) at the end of the month prior to the yearly JAE application deadline (i.e. before 31 December in the year preceding the examination).
Assessment Committee and Approval Procedures
- Assessment Committee
The application of special examination arrangements will be assessed and approved by the Assessment Committee (called the Committee hereinafter). The Committee members include the chief examiners of the related JAE subjects and members of the JAE Coordination Committee.
- When dealing with applications for special examination arrangements, the Committee may check the applicants’ situation or relevant information with their respective institution (e.g. secondary school).
- In addition to the assessment of the application of special examination arrangements of particular subjects, the Committee may also arrange a special examination room for the candidates according to their situation.
- The applicants will receive email notification of the assessment result by the end of February in the year of the JAE.
- The admission qualification of the applicants being granted the approval for the special examination arrangements will be considered equally with other applicants.
- The admission qualification of the applicants being exempted from the JAE will be considered individually by the institution the applicants have applied.
Support and Service
For further information about the support and service available to the admitted students with disabilities, please visit the respective websites of the higher education institutions or enquire the concerned institutions as listed below: