Macao Institute for Tourism Studies (IFTM), a dynamic and innovative public higher education institution in Macao devoted to education and training for the tourism and service industry, invites applications for the following full-time teaching post.
School of Continuing Education
Lecturer in Hospitality Management (1 vacancy) – Ref. No. 018/AC/2023
should be able to teach and develop in Chinese and/or English
for both daytime and evening programmes/courses with one or more subjects related to:
- Western Culinary area courses
- Western regional cuisine cooking courses (Italian dishes and Spanish dishes)
- Western Kitchen management area courses
Candidates are expected to engage in research and industry collaborations, and teach and develop the subject areas above. For a full list of subjects in the current curriculum and details of the academic units, please visit www.iftm.edu.mo
|must have a Master's degree or above in the relevant area
|Candidates who meet the listed “Requirement” above are required to upload the supporting documents, as stated in “Application and Documents Need to be Submitted” below, together with their online applications. Applications which do not meet the listed “Requirement” above or without provision of supporting documents for the “Requirement” will not be accepted.
- Holders of national or international Western culinary certificates
- Minimum 10 years full-time professional kitchen working experience in western kitchen
- Western kitchen – Executive Chef/Chef de Cuisine/Outlet Head Chef
- International Western Cuisine competition award
- Working experience in Michelin star restaurant
- Teaching experience in Western Cuisine related cooking course
- Management experience in Western Cuisine kitchen establishment
Candidates who meet the above “Preferred requirements” are required to upload the supporting documents together with their online applications, employment testimonials should be issued by current and previous employers, indicating positions and complete service durations of each position which especially should indicate with exact start dates and end dates in dd/mm/yyyy.
Annual Taxable Remuneration and Benefit:
MOP547,820 - MOP687,960 (salary index: 430 – 540)
- The current local income tax rate ranges from 7% to 12%. Exchange rate: approx. USD1 = MOP8.
- The position and remuneration offered will be commensurate with academic qualifications and higher education teaching experience.
- For benefits and FAQ, please refer to Terms of Appointment and FAQ.
Type of Contract:
Individual Service Contract (個人勞動合同)
Application and Documents Need to be Submitted:
Please apply online below and upload the following required documents in PDF format:
- Identity card or passport copy
- Full resume
- Cover letter
- Copies of graduate certificates of all academic degrees awarded and transcripts for the academic qualifications required as above
- Copies of employment testimonials which should be issued by current and previous employers, indicating positions and complete service durations of each position which should especially indicate with exact start dates and end dates in dd/mm/yyyy for the current and past full-time teaching experiences in tertiary education institutions or relevant full-time working experiences. (Sample here)
- Copies of professional qualification certificates and award certificates (if applicable)
- List of academic journals or articles published with ISBN (if applicable)
Before employment, the selected candidate must comply with the employment conditions according to Article no. 12 of the current Portaria no. 477/99/M 《General Rules on IFT Academic Staff and Hotel Professional Staff》and is required to submit proof of vaccination including measles, rubella, tetanus and Diphtheria and Pertussis containing vaccination issued by the competent authority in the original place of residence. For Vaccination requirements and guidelines, please refer to Immunization Programme (English version or Chinese version).
Applications will not be considered if the required qualifications are not supported by certificates and/or documents listed above or no identity card or passport copies are provided.
Apply online here for Lecturer in Hospitality Management (Ref. No. 018/AC/2023)
Selection will be based on (1) documentary evaluation, (2) interview and mock teaching (including two parts: theoretical lecture and practical skill teaching).
Dr. Loi Kim Ieng
Vice-President of IFTM
Dr. Cindia Lam
Tam Chi Fai
Director of the School of Continuing Education (SCE)
Coordinator for Food & Beverage Courses of SCE
Fong Chi Kuong
Dr. Leong Si Kei
Lecturer of SCE
Coordinator for Macao Occupational Skills Recognition System Courses of SCE
Application closes on 15 December 2023 (Macao time)
- The selected candidate is expected to assume duty in 2024.
- Preliminary List, List of Candidates Admitted and Final Result Name List will be announced on IFTM website.
- Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.
- For enquires, please contact us via On-line enquiry.