Eligibility for Application and Registration
- Passport holder could only apply for courses with their valid stay in Macao covering the full course duration. Otherwise, the enrolment would be CANCELLED and NO REFUND of all fees or part thereof would be made.
- Any applicant giving up enrolment after being selected for 3 times within a period of 12 months will be temporarily banned from applying for any course for 180 consecutive days, counting from the day s/he gives up the third enrolment (exception is given for the application of Refresher Seminar for Tour Guide and Ground Transfer Agent).
- Students should not re-enroll in any free course that they have already completed.
- All DSEDJ subsidized courses or exams are for age 15 or above only (including students without subsidy).
Application and Registration Information
- Those wishing to apply for courses should register through any of the following. Registration through telephone, fax or email are not accepted:
- online registration; or
- counter registration (in person or by others) at IFTM’s Pedagogic Affairs Department of Macao Campus (Colina de Mong-Ha).
- Registrant could only use one identity for registration even though s/he has more than one identity (e.g. If Macao ID card is used for registration, other identities like HK ID card, passport etc. could not be used for the same course registration). If any registrant is found using more than one identity for registration, all related registrations of the same course would become invalid.
- Registrant should enroll and settle the fee per the identity registered. (e.g. If a registrant uses HK ID card for registration is accepted, s/he could not present another identify later like Macao ID card for enrollment and settlement in order to enjoy lower course fee).
- All necessary documents must be uploaded as required and they have to be genuine and accurate. Otherwise, the registration would become invalid.
- A system email will be sent within 15 minutes after each successful registration.
- Accepted list will be released on Institute webpage. List will display registrant’s applicant code, his/her Chinese and foreign names.
- If cancellation is needed due to force majeure, the applicant can submit cancellation request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org during the registration period.
- Courses may be cancelled due to insufficient enrollment.
- IFTM reserves the right to change the course instructor whenever necessary.
- Accepted registrant could settle the course fee by any of the following. Placement would be cancelled for outstanding cases after the due date.
- online credit card payment:
- Visa or MasterCard credit cards;
- other payment tools accepted by the ePayment Platform of GovPay; or
- IFTM’s cashier (Macao Campus - Colina de Mong-Ha):
- Cash (MOP only);
- Credit Card (VISA or MASTER or Union Pay);
- Local Company Cheque or Cashier Order (payable to "Instituto de Formacao Turistica de Macao").
- Those wishing to settle the course fee by using subsidy of DSDEJ Continuing Education Development Plan have to bring the original ID cards for fee settlement in person.
Using DSEDJ subsidy Guideline (Attendance record):
According to the DSEDJ regulations, students who had used the DSEDJ subsidy to settle the course fee MUST punch card for record:
|30 minutes before class to first 15 minutes of class
|within 30 minutes after class
*Students using DSEDJ subsidy must achieve 70 % attendance rate; otherwise the deposit will be deducted by DSEDJ accordingly. (No leave request (including medical certificate) will be accepted for courses commencing on or after 1st September 2023.) For details, please refer to DSEDJ’s guideline.*For instruction regarding DSEDJ attendance, please refer to this link (Kindly be informed that there is NO ENGLISH version provided by DSEDJ at the moment).
*If fail to punch in/out, please contact the lecturer as soon as possible.
*For checking DSEDJ system Course information & Attendance record, please refer to this link.
*Students who are absent due to illnesses or reasons of force majeure should submit the relevant document to our institute as soon as possible, our institute will then pass the relevant document to DSEDJ for their final decision. This application of justified absence is only applicable for handling students’ attendance in DSEDJ system as well as the DSEDJ’s deposit issue, NOT applicable for handling student’s attendance in IFTM. For calculation of students’ attendance in IFTM, students must achieve 70% attendance rate for each subject and no leave request (including medical certificate) will be accepted. Otherwise, students are not allowed to take the final examination and no certificate will be awarded. (NOT applicable for courses commencing on or after 1st September 2023)
- Unless otherwise stated by the institute, fees will not be refunded in whole or in part thereof.
- Should a refund procedure be needed, IFTM could reimburse the paid fee to registrant’s personal bank account provided that the bank book copy is duly given.
Deferral or Withdrawal
- Deferral policy is not applicable to all SCE courses.
- Students wishing to withdraw from a free course should submit a withdrawal application before the course ends and their registration for other free courses would not be accepted for two months counting from the following day when the withdrawal application is approved. Students dropping out from a free course without withdrawal application would not be eligible for registering all free courses for one year counting from the course end date.
Course certificate or testimonial
- Students should attend classes on time while tardiness over 15 minutes will be counted as ABSENT.
- Students must achieve 70% attendance rate for each subject and no leave request (including medical certificate) will be accepted. Otherwise, students are not allowed to take the final examination and no certificate will be awarded.
- Course certificates will be awarded to student with no outstanding record with the Institute.
- Students could apply for a testimonial by completing the application form proving their attendance rate or registration status. Each copy costs MOP55.
- The certificate will be issued ten weeks after the course completion. SMS and email collection notifications will be sent and the certificate needs to be collected within 180 days. Authorisation Form with ID copies of both parties are needed if the student cannot come in person. Re-application of certificate collection is needed if it is not collected in due course.
Personal Data Collection Statement
I hereby agree and acknowledge that:
- I have provided the above information to Macao Institute for Tourism Studies for the respective course application. Such personal information is for establishing student record for the purpose of student services and statistic purposes.
- The Institute will process and store my personal information through automated devices or manual operation. My personal information and document submitted might be forwarded to government departments or administrative bodies within and outside MSAR Government when deemed necessary.
- I could request the Institute for reviewing and updating my personal information.
- Registrants aged under 18 years old must submit an Acknowledgement Form from parent or guardian upon application.
- Due to limited car park slots, only application from student attending EVENING COURSE would be accepted and usage is restricted during the course hours. Any enquiries could be addressed to Pedagogic Affairs Department at 2856 1252 / 8598 3016 during office hours. Details could be found in Campus Traffic and Parking Regulations and Car Park Application form.
- Our institute provides free wireless Internet service to students who have registered the membership account (please click here for membership registration):
Please choose IFTM_WIFI (WEB) in the mobile phone Wi-Fi setting, and then input the following information for internet access:
|Email address registered in membership account
|Mobile phone number registered in membership account
Macao Institute for Tourism Studies - Pedagogic Affairs Department
Office Hours：09:00-13:00 & 14:30-19:00 (Monday to Friday)
Last updated on 14th September 2023