Macao Institute for Tourism Studies (IFTM), a dynamic and innovative public higher education institution in Macao devoted entirely to education and training for the tourism and hospitality industry, invites applications for the following teaching posts :
Professor / Assistant Professor / Lecturer / Instructor
Applications for teaching positions of the following subject areas
are welcome for future recruitment
(valid within one year after the submission)
The candidate is expected to engage in research and industry collaboration, and teach/develop one or more of the following subject areas:
- Business Management Studies (computer, economics, management, accounting, finance, maths, statistics, research methods, human resources management. marketing, tourism and hospitality legislation)
- Heritage Management
- Retail Management
- Tourism Retail & Marketing Management
- Events Management
- Languages: English, Mandarin, Japanese
- Culinary Skills: Western and Asian Cuisine; Pastry and Bakery
- must have a Doctoral degree in the relevant area and at least 4 years of full time teaching experience as Assistant Professor
- Assistant Professor
- must have a Master's degree or above in the relevant area and at least 4 years of full time teaching experience as Lecturer
- must have a Master's degree or above in the relevant area
- must be at least a secondary graduate and either possess certificates of related professional training with duration not less than 2 years or with industry working experience in the relevant area.
Candidates who do not meet the requirements above, or who do not upload supporting documents together with their online applications (including graduation certificates, professional training certificates, transcripts, employment testimonials indicating positions and complete service durations with exact start dates and end dates issued by current/previous employers for the requirements) need not apply for the positions.
Application and Documents Need to be Submitted:
Applicants should apply online and upload the following required documents in PDF format
- Copies of graduate certificates of all academic degrees awarded, transcripts, testimonials for the academic qualifications required as above
- Employment testimonials issued by current/previous employers, indicating positions and complete service durations (with exact start dates and end dates) for the current/past full-time teaching experiences in tertiary education institutions or relevant full-time working experiences required as above (Sample here)
- Identity card or passport copy
- Full resume
- Cover letter
- List of academic journals or articles published (if available) with ISBN
Applications will not be considered if the required qualifications and teaching or working experiences are not supported by certificates, employment testimonials and/or documents listed above or no identity card or passport copies are provided at the time of submission of application.
Annual Taxable Remuneration and Benefit:
(Effective from 1 January 2020, according to Law No. 22/2019)
- MOP980,980 - MOP1,312,220
- Assistant Professor
- MOP687,960 - MOP968,240
- MOP547,820 - MOP687,960
- MOP407,680 - MOP649,740
- The current local income tax rate ranges from 7% to 12%. Exchange rate: approx. USD1= MOP8
- The position and remuneration offered will be commensurate with academic qualifications, higher education teaching and professional experience.
- For benefits and FAQ, please refer to Terms of Appointment and FAQ.
Type of Contract:
Individual Service Contract (個人勞動合同)
The selection panel consists of the relevant head of academic department, coordinators and faculty members. Outside members may also be invited. Selection will be based on (1) documentary evaluation, (2) mock teaching and interview.
Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.
For general enquires, please contact us via on-line enquiry.