Macao Institute for Tourism Studies (IFTM), a dynamic and innovative public higher education institution in Macao devoted to education and training for the tourism and service industry, invites applications for the following teaching posts for our future open recruitments. The successful candidates are required to teach in Mandarin (except for foreign candidates) and English for both daytime and evening programmes/courses.
Professor / Assistant Professor / Lecturer / Instructor
Applications for teaching positions of the following subject areas
are welcome for our future recruitments
(applications of self-recommendation are valid within one year after the submission)
The candidate is expected to engage in research and industry collaboration, and teach/develop one or more of the following subject areas:
- Business Management Studies (computer, economics, management, accounting, finance, mathematics, statistics, research methods, human resources management. marketing, tourism and hospitality legislation)
- Heritage Management
- Retail Management
- Tourism Retail & Marketing Management
- Events Management
- Languages: English, Mandarin, Japanese
- Culinary Skills: Western and Asian Cuisine; Pastry and Bakery
Candidates who meet the listed “Requirements” above are required to upload the supporting documents, as stated in “Application and Documents Need to be Submitted” below, together with their online applications. Applications which do not meet the listed “Requirements” above or without provision of supporting documents for the “Requirements” will not be accepted.
- must have a Doctoral degree in the relevant area and at least 4 years of full time teaching experience as Assistant Professor
- Assistant Professor
- must have a Master's degree or above in the relevant area and at least 4 years of full time teaching experience as Lecturer
- must have a Master's degree or above in the relevant area
- must be at least a secondary graduate and either possess certificates of related professional training with duration not less than 2 years or with industry working experience in the relevant area.
Application and Documents Need to be Submitted:
Applicants should apply online and upload the following required documents in PDF format
As our new Academic Recruitment Management System (ARMS) has been launched in March 2023, for candidates who had registered before 10 March 2023 in our old ARMS, after visiting the mentioned link HERE, please reset the password through 'Reset password' for reactivate/enter to your registered account.
- Identity card or passport copy
- Full resume
- Cover letter
- Copies of graduate certificates of all academic degrees awarded, transcripts, testimonials for the academic qualifications required as above
- Copies of employment testimonials which should be issued by current and previous employers, indicating positions and complete service durations of each position which should especially indicate with exact start dates and end dates in dd/mm/yyyy for the current and past full-time teaching experiences in tertiary education institutions or relevant full-time working experiences required as above (Sample here)
- Copies of professional qualification certificates and award certificates (if applicable)
- List of academic journals or articles published with ISBN (if applicable)
Before employment, the selected candidate must comply with the employment conditions according to Article no. 12 of the current Portaria no. 477/99/M 《General Rules on IFT Academic Staff and Hotel Professional Staff》and is required to submit proof of vaccination including measles, rubella, tetanus and Diphtheria and Pertussis containing vaccination issued by the competent authority in the original place of residence. For Vaccination requirements and guidelines, please refer to Immunization Programme (English version or Chinese version).
Applications will not be considered if the required qualifications and teaching or working experiences are not supported by certificates and/or documents listed above or no identity card or passport copies are provided.
Annual Taxable Remuneration and Benefit:
(Effective from 1 January 2020, according to Law No. 22/2019)
- MOP980,980 - MOP1,312,220
- Assistant Professor
- MOP687,960 - MOP968,240
- MOP547,820 - MOP687,960
- MOP407,680 - MOP649,740
- The current local income tax rate ranges from 7% to 12%. Exchange rate: approx. USD1= MOP8
- The position and remuneration offered will be commensurate with academic qualifications and higher education teaching experience.
- For benefits and FAQ, please refer to Terms of Appointment and FAQ.
Type of Contract:
Individual Service Contract (個人勞動合同)
The selection panel consists of Vice-President, Director/Vice-Director of academic unit, the relevant coordinators and faculty members. Outside members may also be invited. Selection will be based on (1) documentary evaluation, (2) interview and mock teaching.
Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.
For general enquires, please contact us via on-line enquiry.