Macao Institute for Tourism Studies (IFTM), a dynamic and innovative public higher education institution in Macao devoted entirely to education and training for the tourism and hospitality industry, invites applications for the following full-time teaching post. Subjects are to be taught in English and/or Chinese. Successful candidate is required to teach in both the daytime and evening degree programmes.
School of Tourism Management
Professor in Tourism Management (1 vacancy) – Ref. No. 002/AC/2022
should be able to teach and develop specific subjects such as Tourism Planning and Development, Intercultural Issues in Tourism, Special Interest Tourism, Recreation and Leisure Management, and Travel Agency Operations.
Candidates are expected to engage in research and industry collaborations, and teach/develop the subject areas above. For a full list of subjects in the current curriculum and details of the academic units, please visit www.iftm.edu.mo
|Must have :
(1) a Doctoral degree in the relevant area and
(2) at least 4 years of full-time teaching experience as Assistant Professor
Candidates who do not meet the listed requirements above, or who do not upload supporting documents together with their online applications (including graduation certificates, transcripts, employment testimonials indicating positions and complete service durations with exact start dates and end dates issued by current/previous employers for the requirements) need not apply for the vacancy.
Annual Taxable Remuneration and Benefit:
MOP980,980 - MOP1,312,220 (salary index: 770 – 1030)
- The current local income tax rate ranges from 7% to 12%. Exchange rate: approx. USD1 = MOP8.
- The position and remuneration offered will be commensurate with academic qualifications, higher education teaching and professional experience.
- For benefits and FAQ, please refer to Terms of Appointment and FAQ.
Type of Contract:
Individual Service Contract (個人勞動合同)
The selection panel consists of the relevant head of academic department, coordinators and faculty members. Outside members may also be invited. Selection will be based on (1) documentary evaluation, (2) mock teaching and interview.
Application and Documents Need to be Submitted:
Please apply online below and upload the following required documents in PDF format:
- Copies of graduate certificates of all academic degrees awarded and transcripts for the academic qualifications required as above
- Employment testimonials issued by current/previous employers, indicating positions and complete service durations (with exact start dates and end dates) for the current/past full-time teaching experiences in tertiary education institutions or relevant full-time working experiences (Sample here)
- Identity card or passport copy
- Full resume
- Cover letter
- List of academic journals or articles published (if available) with ISBN
Applications will not be considered if the required qualifications and teaching experiences are not supported by certificates, employment testimonials and/or documents listed above or no identity card or passport copies are provided at the time of submission of application.
Apply online here for Professor in Tourism Management (Ref. No. 002/AC/2022)
Application closes on 20 April 2022
- The selected candidate is expected to assume duty in August 2022 or earlier.
- Final result name list will be announced on IFTM website around second-quarter of 2022.
- Please note that ALL application materials must be received by the closing date (Macao time). Application received by IFTM after the closing date will only be included in the next round of recruitment, if applicable.
- Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.
For enquires, please contact us via On-line enquiry.