Macao Institute for Tourism Studies (IFTM), a dynamic and innovative public higher education institution in Macao devoted to education and training for the tourism and service industry, invites applications for the following full-time teaching posts. Subjects are to be taught in English and/or Chinese. Successful candidates are required to teach in both the daytime and evening degree programmes.
School of Hospitality Management and School of Tourism Management
Assistant Professor in Computer and Management Information System (1 vacancy) – Ref. No. 005/AC/2022 Application closed
should be able to teach and develop specific areas such as applied smart technologies and applied data analytics for the hospitality and tourism sector.
Assistant Professor in Culinary (1 vacancy) – Ref. No. 006/AC/2022
should be able to teach and develop theory and practical classes such as Food Preparation courses, Nutrition, Contemporary Issues in Culinary Arts, Kitchen Management, and among others.
Assistant Professor in Management & Marketing (1 vacancy) – Ref. No. 007/AC/2022
should be able to teach and develop specific subjects such as Human Resources Management, Strategic Management, Leadership, Service Quality Management, Research Methods, and Advanced Marketing.
Candidates are expected to engage in research and industry collaborations, and teach/develop the subject areas above. For a full list of subjects in the current curriculum and details of the academic units, please visit www.iftm.edu.mo
|Must have :
(1) a Master's degree or above in the relevant area and
(2) at least 4 years of full-time teaching experience as Lecturer
Candidates who do not meet the listed requirements above, or who do not upload supporting documents together with their online applications (including graduation certificates, transcripts, employment testimonials indicating positions and complete service durations with exact start dates and end dates issued by current/previous employers for the requirements) need not apply for the vacancies.
Annual Taxable Remuneration and Benefit:
MOP687,960 - MOP968,240 (salary index: 540 – 760)
- The current local income tax rate ranges from 7% to 12%. Exchange rate: approx. USD1 = MOP8.
- The position and remuneration offered will be commensurate with academic qualifications, higher education teaching and professional experience.
- For benefits and FAQ, please refer to Terms of Appointment and FAQ.
Type of Contract:
Individual Service Contract (個人勞動合同)
The selection panel consists of the relevant head of academic department, coordinators and faculty members. Outside members may also be invited. Selection will be based on (1) documentary evaluation, (2) mock teaching and interview.
Application and Documents Need to be Submitted:
Please apply online below and upload the following required documents in PDF format:
- Copies of graduate certificates of all academic degrees awarded and transcripts for the academic qualifications required as above
- Employment testimonials issued by current/previous employers, indicating positions and complete service durations (with exact start dates and end dates) for the current/past full-time teaching experiences in tertiary education institutions or relevant full-time working experiences (Sample here)
- Proof of vaccination (Immunization Programme) issued by the competent authority in the original place of residence. Vaccination requirements (Chinese version, English version - please refer to the requirements for ‘Public-service candidates undergoing medical examinations for the purpose of taking up public positions in Macao SAR’ & ‘Newly-recruited staff in non-tertiary schools and tertiary institutions in Macao’)
- Identity card or passport copy
- Full resume
- Cover letter
- List of academic journals or articles published (if available) with ISBN
Applications will not be considered if the required qualifications and teaching experiences are not supported by certificates, employment testimonials and/or documents listed above or no identity card or passport copies are provided at the time of submission of application.
Apply online here
for Assistant Professor in Computer and Management Information System (Ref. No. 005/AC/2022)
Apply online here for Assistant Professor
in Culinary (Ref. No.
Apply online here for Assistant Professor in Management & Marketing (Ref. No.
Application closes on 23 September 2022
- The selected candidates are expected to assume duty in January 2023 or earlier.
- Final result name list will be announced on IFTM website around fourth-quarter of 2022 or earlier.
- Please note that ALL application materials must be received by the closing date (Macao time). Application received by IFTM after the closing date will only be included in the next round of recruitment, if applicable.
- Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.
For enquires, please contact us via On-line enquiry.