Macao Institute for Tourism Studies (IFTM), a dynamic and innovative public higher education institution in Macao devoted to education and training for the tourism and service industry, invites applications for the following full-time teaching posts. Subjects are to be taught in English and/or Chinese. The successful candidates are required to teach in both the daytime and evening programmes/courses.
School of Hospitality Management
Assistant Professor in Hotel Management (3 vacancies) – Ref. No. 007/AC/2023 Application closed
should be able to teach and develop specific subjects such as Innovative Hospitality Technologies, Hotel Operations, F&B Cost Control, Hospitality Marketing, Lodging Management, Revenue Management and Hotel Planning, Design, and Development.
School of Continuing Education
Assistant Professor in Hotel Management (1 vacancy) – Ref. No. 009/AC/2023
should be able to teach and develop specific subjects such as Innovative Hospitality Technologies, Hotel Operations, F&B Management, Hospitality Marketing, Contemporary Hospitality Sales and Distribution, Hotel Revenue/Financial Management, Lodging Management, Business Analytics for Hospitality, Sustainability in Hospitality Industry.
Candidates are expected to engage in research and industry collaborations, and teach/develop the subject areas above. For a full list of subjects in the current curriculum and details of the academic units, please visit www.iftm.edu.mo
(1) a Master's degree or above in the relevant area and
(2) at least 4 years of full-time teaching experience as Lecturer
Candidates who meet the listed “Requirements” above are required to upload the supporting documents, as stated in “Application and Documents Need to be Submitted” below, together with their online applications. Candidates who do not meet the listed “Requirements” above or who do not upload supporting documents for the “Requirements” need not apply for the vacancies.
|Relevant industry experience
Candidates who meet the above “Preferred requirement” are required to upload the supporting documents together with their online applications: employment testimonials should indicate positions and complete service durations with exact start dates and end dates issued by current and previous employers.
Annual Taxable Remuneration and Benefit:
MOP687,960 - MOP968,240 (salary index: 540 – 760)
- The current local income tax rate ranges from 7% to 12%. Exchange rate: approx. USD1 = MOP8.
- The position and remuneration offered will be commensurate with academic qualifications, higher education teaching and professional experience.
- For benefits and FAQ, please refer to Terms of Appointment and FAQ.
Type of Contract:
Individual Service Contract (個人勞動合同)
The selection panel consists of Vice-President, Director/Vice-Director of academic unit, the relevant coordinators and faculty members. Outside members may also be invited. Selection will be based on (1) documentary evaluation, (2) mock teaching and interview.
Application and Documents Need to be Submitted:
Please apply online and upload the following required documents in PDF format HERE:
(As our new Academic Recruitment Management System (ARMS) has been launched in March 2023, for candidates who had registered before 10 March 2023 in our old ARMS, after visiting the mentioned link HERE, please reset the password through 'Reset password' for reactivate/enter to your registered account.)
- Identity card or passport copy
- Full resume
- Cover letter
- Copies of graduate certificates of all academic degrees awarded and transcripts for the academic qualifications required as above
- Employment testimonials issued by current/previous employers, indicating positions and complete service durations (with exact start dates and end dates) for the current/past full-time teaching experiences in tertiary education institutions or relevant full-time working experiences (Sample here)
- List of academic journals or articles published with ISBN (if applicable)
Proof of vaccination including measles, rubella, tetanus and Diphtheria and Pertussis containing vaccination issued by the competent authority in the original place of residence. For Vaccination requirements and guidelines, please refer to here: Immunization Programme (English version) or (Chinese version) .
Applications will not be considered if the required qualifications and teaching experiences are not supported by certificates, employment testimonials and/or documents listed above or no identity card or passport copies are provided.
Application closes on 12 April 2023
- The selected candidates are expected to assume duty in August 2023 or earlier.
- Preliminary list, confirmed list and final result name list of candidates will be announced on IFTM website.
- Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only.
- For enquires, please contact us via On-line enquiry.